Faulkton Area Schools 24-4 Board of Education
September 8, 2014
Board Training on Google Docs 6:15 p.m.
Regular Meeting 7:30 p.m.
1. Meeting called to order at ____________ by Heather Bode, Board Chairman.
2. Roll call of members present: ___Kelly Aesoph ___Heather Bode ___Gary Bowar
Grand ___Grady Heitmann
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Motion by ____________________________________ second by _______________________ to approve the proposed agenda.
______________________________ second by _______________________ to approve the
minutes of the August 11, 2014 meeting, August 2014 Financial Statement and August
2014 Trust and Agency Fund Report; the August 2014 Imprest Fund Report; and
payment of the presented bills for September 8, 2014.
7. Principal/AD Report
________________________ second by_________________________ to enter into an
3-year (2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017) agreement with K &D Busing to
provide busing transportation to the Faulkton Area Schools District 24-4 with a
3% annual cost of living increase each year.
9. Motion by ________________________ second by_________________________ to assign ______________________________ as the ASBSD’s Delegate for the Faulkton Area Schools-District 24-4 and __________________________ as an alternate for the 2014-2015 school year.
10. Motion by_________________________; second by _____________________, to adopt the following Resolution: Let it be resolved, that the School Board of the Faulkton Area Schools 24-4 after duly considering the proposed budget and its changes thereto, to be published in accordance with SDCL 12-11-02 hereby approves and adopts its proposed budget and thereto be its Annual Budget for the fiscal year July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015. The adopted Annual Budget amounts are as follows: General Fund $2,624,202.30; Capitol Outlay Fund $558,600.00; Special Education $458,700.00; Pension Fund $117,305.00; Food Service Fund $173,600.00; and the Pre-K/Drivers Education Enterprise Fund $27,573.00. The Faulkton Area Schools 24-4 Board of Education further resolves to make the following request to the Faulk County Auditor to levy the maximum levy to be utilized by state law for the school General Fund in all categories; request $450,000 in the opt-out levy, request $558,600.00 for the Capitol Outlay Fund; request $339,208.00 for the Special Education Fund; and request $117,305.00 for the Pension Fund. The change to the originally published budget is the combination of two enterprise funds: Drivers Education Fund and Pre-K Fund as suggested by the SD Department of Education.
11. The board opened sealed bids as published by notice on a T-Shirt Screening Machine including dryer conveyor and 30 screens. The following bids were received:__________________________________
by ____________________________ second by _________________________ to accept
the highest bid of $_______________ from _______________________________.
by ____________________________ second by _________________________ to declare
the following items as surplus property: Laminator. The following registered
voters of the district were chosen to appraise the surplus
___________________________, and ___________________________. Total appraisal was $________________ and the
board’s intent is to _______________________________________.
___________________________ second by _____________________ to go into
executive session at _______ for the purpose of consulting
with legal counsel or reviewing communications from legal counsel about proposed
or pending litigation or contractual matters as set forth in SDCL 1-25-2(3).
14. Executive Session Action
15. Motion by ___________________________ second by _____________________ to go into executive session at ___ for the purpose of discussing personnel issues as set forth in SDCL 1-25-2(1).
Out of executive session at ___________.
16. Executive Session Action.
17. Motion by __________________________ second by
_____________________ to adjourn at_____.