Student IEP Transfer

(Back to Faulkton Area School Policies)

A child in need of special education or special education and related services assigned to and enrolled in an approved out of district special education residential or tuition day program by an individualized education program (IEP)  team has school residence in the school district making the assignment.

The fiscal responsibility of the school district making the assignment continues until the end of the school fiscal year or until the child's parent or guardian enrolls the child in another school district, the child participates in the new school district's special education program, the new school district conducts a placement committee meeting, a new individualized educational program for the child is adopted, and the child's placement is changed.